3 - 14 September 2015
Compiled by Amira Arif
- The Tripoli Revolutionaries Shura Council (TRSC) takes steps to attempts to ban unaccompanied fema todayle drivers
- Car bomb hits prison detaining Gaddafi-era officials
1. The Tripoli Revolutionaries Shura Council (TRSC) takes steps to attempts to ban unaccompanied female drivers
Libya Herald (independently owned online media platform, article dated September 12th 2015, in English) “Tripoli revolutionaries want action against women drivers”
- Members of the Tripoli Revolutionaries Shoura Council (TRSC), a military council of islamist and jihadist militias, want to ban female drivers unless they are accompanied by a male relative.
- The group took the matter to Prime Minister of the Tripoli-based government, Khalifa Ghwell (of the new General National Council), last week to demand that his Tripoli based government approve such action.
- Sources said the TRSC also demanded separate universities and schools for males and females, that women be replaced by males if the job they are hired for can be done by men
2. Car bomb hits prison detaining Gaddafi-era officials
Libya News Today (independently owned online media platform, article dated September 10th 2015, in English)
- A car bomb exploded about 150 meters away from al-Hadba prison in Tripoli, where Gaddafi officials are detained, including Gaddafi’s son Saadi, according to a security source.