November 20-28, 2014
Compiled by Philippe Dumais
- Former senior staff of the IPF are returning to Ivory Coast.
- Danièle Boni-Claverie is running for President
- Allegations of torture by the FRCI
- Gbagbo’s leadership bid to the IPF
- Affi N’guessan’s requests to reject, Gbagbo’s candidacy denied
1. Former senior staff of the IPF returning to Ivory Coast
“Assoa Adou, Odette Sauyet and Guédé Zadi sont rentrés hier” Le Patriote, (pro-Ouatara daily newspaper), in French
- They thank the IPF members to have maintained the party’s unity during all these year and urged other exiled members of the IPF to come back as well.
- Affi N’guessan made the same declaration later that week.
2. Danièle Boni-Claverie is running for President
“Danièle Boni-Claverie: Je serai candidate à la présidentielle» Notre Voie, (pro-Gbagbo) daily newspaper, In French
- Incumbent President of the URD (Union républicaine pour la démocratie) and Incumbent VP Alliance des forces démocratiques (AFD).Ally of the IPF
- The article is an interview by Notre Voie, acknowledged as Pro-Gbagbo.
- She discusses the crisis at the IPF: “Hopefully, the crisis will be resolved soon”. She also emphasizes that a divided IPF means a divided opposition. She does not comment on Gbagbo’s bid for leadership
3. Allegations of torture by the FRCI
“Base navale de Locodjro: un élève arrosé de gasoil et torturé” Notre Voie, (pro-Gbagbo) daily newspaper, in French.
- Bouo Youl Fabrice was a 3rd year student. He filled a complaint at the Martial court
- The article blames the FRCI
4. Gbagbo’s leadership bid to the IPF - The ICC reacts
“Validation de la candidature de Gbagbo: voici la réaction du porte-parole de la CPI” Soir info, daily tabloid, in French.
- The spokesperson said that the ICC does not intervene in the on-going electoral process. It is the role of domestic actors to debate and interpret the constitution.
5. Affi N’guessan’s requests to reject, Gbagbo’s candidacy denied
“Validation de la candidature de Gbagbo au congrès du FPI: Affi dit non au Comité de contrôle” Soir info, daily tabloid, in French.
- The IPF central committee gave more details on the leadership election.
- Gbagbo’s bid has been confirmed, despite Affi N’guessan’s attempt to dismiss it.