October 20-24, 2014
Compiled by Philippe Dumais
- Ouattara meets former President Henri Konan Bédié
- “Political trial” for Gbagbo according to Notre Voix
- Ouattara accused of nepotism by Notre Voix
- Coalition for ICC calls for equity
- Lida Kouassi Moïse arrested
1. Ouattara meets former President Henri Konan Bédié
Alassane Ouattara: "L’appel de Daoukro est un gage de stabilité pour le pays”, Fraternité matin
- Daoukro’s speech is a commitment to peace and stability, according to Ouattara.
- During a meeting with former President Henri Konan Bédié, they discussed the composition of the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and development.
“Bédié et moi, nous sommes ensemble pour la paix et le développement”, Le Patriote
- In his speech, Ouattara committed to peace and stability.
- Explained how his policies affected positively local populations.
- Discussed what is to be done over the next couple of months in terms of development.
2. “Political trial” for Gbagbo according to Notre Voix
Au sujet du procès des pro-Gbagbo/ Affoussiata Bamba, porte-parole adjointe du gouvernement: « Il s’agit d’un procès politique », Notre Voix
- According to Notre Voix, the spokesperson emphasized the political dimension of the trial
- The spokesperson also mentioned that the reason why procedures were sluggish is because the judicial and criminal component is weak.
3. Ouattara accused of nepotism by Notre Voix
Népotisme au sommet de l’état: Ouattara gère le pays avec sa famille, Notre voix
- The article denounces the number of relatives within Ouattara’s close advisers, cabinet and enterprises the government deals with.
4. Coalition for ICC calls for equity
Crimes post-électoraux: La coalition pour la Cpi exige une justice équitable, Notre voix
- The President of the Coalition for ICC calls for justice regardless of the political allegiance of the convicted.
5. Lida Kouassi Moïse arrested
Politique nationale: Lida Kourassi Moïse arrêté, hier, Soir info
- The 11th President of the Ivory Popular Front (IPF) was arrested at his home. The charges against him have yet to be disclosed.
- Lida Kourassi Moïse was released temporarily in August along with 11 other member of Gbagbo’s party.