7 - 13 September 2015
Weekly Media Monitoring report for the Central African Republic
Posted on September 21, 2015
Compiled by Christina Murphy
- Grenade attacks in Bangui kill two, injure twenty
- MINUSCA patrol attacked in Bangui
1. Grenade attacks in Bangui kill two, injure twenty
"Grenade attacks kill two in Central African Republic capital." Reuters, 10 September 2015. In English.
- At least three people were killed in three grenade attacks in southern Bangui on Wednesday 9 September.
- A source from Médécins Sans Frontières also reported that at least twenty people were wounded in the attacks.
- MINUSCA issued a statement condemning these "odious and cowardly acts," particularly considering the recent improvement in security in Bangui over the past few months.
"Double attaque à la grenade dans le 6e arrondissement de Bangui." Radio Ndeke Luka, 10 September 2015. In French.
- Three people were killed and twenty wounded in a double grenade attack in Bangui's 6th arrondissement.
- According to Radio Ndeke Luka, the attacks took place in two different locations in the 6th arrondissement, and were perpetrated by two men on motorbikes.
2. MINUSCA patrol attacked in Bangui
"RCA: une patrouille rwandaise de la Minusca attaquée à Bangui." Radio France Internationale (RFI), 11 September 2015. In French.
- According to MINUSCA reports, unidentified gunmen fired on a Rwandan contingent while they were patrolling Bangui's 4th arrondissement.
- The peacekeepers fired back and the gunmen fled. There were no injuries reported.
- This attack took place less than 24 hours after grenade attacks killed three people in Bangui's 6th arrondissement.