Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEBU 1170
Poor accounting skills can lead to heavy losses and far, far worse. In this course, the numbers add up to a distinct gain for you, no matter what type of business you might go into. You'll learn the fundamentals of basic accounting principles and statements, and you'll better understand the role of accounting information as it relates to decision-making (we could all use that!). You'll gain competency in journal-entry processing and in the preparation and interpretation of income statements, balance sheets and more. And that can only help your bottom line.
April 4 – June 6, 2024
Th 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Analyze business transactions;
• Record financial transactions using journal entries;
• Prepare adjusting and closing entries;
• Prepare financial statements and bank reconciliations.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. This course is designed with a combination of online live synchronous learning where the instructor and the students meet in a virtual classroom (Zoom) at the same time, and asynchronous work guided by the instructor and completed by students in their own time.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the fundamentals of business accounting.
• Students who want to pursue an accounting education or a career in any type of business.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to get off on the right foot.
• Foreign business students who want to understand the principles of business accounting in Canada.