Intro to Business
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEBU 1150
The expression "You're in business" means everything's in great shape. In the real business world, that only happens when you've mastered the essentials. And this course is a great place to start. Your instructor has the hands-on experience to teach you about the principal functions of business, its organizational aspects, the elements of business that are controllable, and more importantly, those that aren't. You'll develop your business language and learn the essentials of entrepreneurship. Seriously, if you want a career in business, either for a company or yourself, don't miss this first crucial step.
April 3 – June 5, 2024
We 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Explain the various business functions and how they relate to day-to-day activities of the organization
• Apply business concepts in a real-world managerial and/or entrepreneurial context;
• Analyze, plan for, and respond to the uncontrollable environments that impact an organization;
• Recognize and consider the ethical and social implications of decision-making.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. This course is designed with a combination of online live synchronous learning where the instructor and the students meet in a virtual classroom (Zoom) at the same time, and asynchronous work guided by the instructor and completed by students in their own time.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of business.
• Students who want to pursue a career in any type of business.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to get off on the right foot.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about organizational structures.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their North American business vocabulary and understanding.