Acquire ethics approval
Learn about the requirements for ethics compliance for research involving human subjects or animals. This section will also provide you with links to helpful guides, forms, tools and policies.
The role of the Research Ethics Unit (Office of Research) is to:
- Ensure the compliance and ethical integrity of all research done under the auspice of Concordia
- Ensure that all research is conducted in accordance with applicable regulations including international, federal and provincial law, as well as granting agency and Concordia policies.
- Policy for the Ethical Review of Research Involving Human Participants
- Procedures for the Ethical Review of Research Involving Human Participants
- Policy on the Ethical Use of Animals in Research and Teaching
- Procedures for the Ethical Use of Animals in Research and Teaching
- TCPS 2—2nd edition of Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- EPTC 2 — 2e édition de l'Énoncé de politique des trois Conseils : Éthique de la recherche avec des êtres humains
Forms for Research Involving Human Participants
- Summary Protocol Form (SPF - updated February 2019)
Please note that this revised form will be mandatory for all submissions starting April 1.
- Information and Consent Form Template
- Biomedical Information and Consent Form Template
- Sample Consent Form Template French
- Instructions for Writing A Consent Form
- Human Ethics Submission Checklist
- Annual Report Form
- Scholarly Review Form
- Abbreviated Summary Protocol Form for Pedagogical Purposes Only - Minimal Risk Student-Course-Related Research for Departmental Review. This DOES NOT include thesis research.
Forms for Research Involving Animals
- Animal Use Summary Protocol Form
- Appendix 1a - Specific Experiments
- Appendix 1b - Specific Teaching Activities
- Appendix 2 - Genetically Modified Animals