A two-year program focused on providing six to ten students with:
- Extensive training in portfolio management
- Company valuation
- Writing stock reports
- Real-life financial experience through actively managing a $1.9 million small cap stock portfolio
- Quarterly presentations to an investment committee comprised of top industry professionals
- Stock pitch presentation to an investment committee comprised of top industry professionals
- Work internship opportunities in top financial firms
- Mentorship from highly-respected finance professionals
Admission qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor of Commerce or Administration, MBA, MSc in Finance, EMBA, MBA in Investment Management, PhD-Finance and CPA candidates will be eligible to apply
- The VBIMP is a two-year commitment
- Strong interest in the financial markets
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong academic record (e.g. minimum undergraduate GPA score of 3.5. Current program GPA will also be considered or GPA of 3.5)
- Availability to commit approximately 10-15 hours a week
Available from the program director Amr Addas (email@example.com).
Deadline: Friday, October 22, 2021 at 4 p.m.
A review committee will select the applicants to be invited for interviews and a stock pitch on Saturday, October 30, 2021 and Sunday, October 31, 2021. Those who make it to the final round will be invited to an informal gathering the following week to make the final selections. Six to 10 students will be admitted.
Final selections should be announced by mid-November 2021.