Centraide: The clock is ticking!
The university community keeps finding ways to contribute to Concordia’s Centraide 2023 Campaign. The university’s campaign now officially closes November 23, so there is still time — and plenty of options — to help make a difference.
Bake sales, pasta lunches, Mount Royal nature walks, potlucks, raffle tickets, Bingo, a Pet Photo Contest, Comedy for a Cause — these and other creative ideas are helping to raise funds for Centraide of Greater Montreal.
Centraide’s efforts support 375 agencies and projects and more than 800,000 Montrealers.
The need is certainly there. As Centraide reports, in Montreal:
- 315,000 people live in poverty
- 28% of renters spend more than 30% of their income on housing
- 300,000 people receive food assistance every month
Concordia’s 2023 Centraide Campaign goal is $200,000. The total funds raised will be announced at the Centraide Closing Event at the SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation in LB 145 on November 29, 10:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Concordia President Graham Carr will be on hand, and the raffle winners and top three most adorable furry companions from the Pet Photo Contest will also be announced.
Ways to participate
- Available at various locations throughout the campuses, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- 1 for $5, 3 for $10, 7 for $20
- Prizes include:
- Apple iPad
- Bota Bota gift card
- Liverpool House gift card
Winners will be announced at the Campaign Closing Event, November 29
- Vote on your favourite pet until 11:59 p.m. on November 15
- $1 per vote, minimum five votes
- Winners will be announced at the Campaign Closing Event, November 29
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- AD 311
- $10 for 3 cards
- Announcement of total funds raised this year, raffle ticket winners and top three pets from the Pet Photo Contest
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation, LB 145
- Headliner: John Roy, who’s appeared on The Tonight Show, Conan and The Late Late Show
- 8 p.m.
- The Comedy Nest, 2313 Ste. Catherine St. W. (Pepsi Forum), 3rd floor
- $15, open to those 18 or older from the Concordia community along with their friends and family
Other events are being organized through departments and faculties. Visit the Concordia Centraide 2023 Campaign website for news and event updates.
Of course, it’s still important to consider making a tax-deductible contribution or increasing your previous campaign donation.
For more information or to volunteer, contact email@example.com.
Learn more about Concordia’s Centraide 2023 Campaign.