Resources for those affected by earthquakes and flooding
Everyone in the Concordia community, especially those of us with connections to Libya and Morocco, is very troubled by news of the devastation brought about by the flooding and earthquakes in those countries. We are saddened by the tragic loss of life of so many people. We are thinking about the thousands of injured survivors,
We stand together with all those who are suffering and whose lives have been touched by this tragedy. Since the earthquakes, we reached out directly to assist students from Libya and Morocco studying at Concordia. For members of our community affected by these events: if you need someone to talk to, there are people ready and available to listen.
Phone, text and video support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Crisis text line: Text with a volunteer trained in crisis response from a secure online platform to help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment. English, Canada and U.S.: Text HOME to 686868.
- Suicide Prevention Centre of Montreal: Support for people struggling with suicidal thoughts, who are concerned for another person, or have experienced a loss. English and French, Montreal: Call 1-866-277-3553.
- EmpowerMe: If you are enrolled in the Concordia Student Union health plan, you can connect with professionals with various domains of expertise, including psychology, psychotherapy, social work, and more. Multi-lingual: Create an account to get started.
- inConfidence: If you are an international student (undergraduate or graduate) insured with the ISO BlueCross health plan, you can connect with counselling and online wellbeing resources. Chat: User ID: Concordiaiso (case sensitive); Password: inconfidence Call 1-877-418-2181 / TTY: 1-877-371-9978 App: Lifeworks (Google Play/ Apple)
- Wellness Together Canada: Provides free short-term counselling with mental health professionals, online tools and resources. You can register online and complete a short survey to find resources tailored to you. English and French, Canada: Youth text WELLNESS to 686868; adults text WELLNESS to 741741; or call 1-866-585-0445.
All Concordia employees and their immediate family have free, 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Program, which provides a broad range of counselling services.
1-800-663-1142 (English services)
1-866-398-9505 (French services)
If you are a Moroccan in Canada, you may contact the Moroccan Consulate in Montreal.
If you are a Canadian in Morocco, you are urged to register with Global Affairs Canada and to contact federal Emergency Watch and Response Centre, which can provide emergency consular assistance.