PHP Programming with MySQL I
If you’re dreaming of a career in programming, MySQL is almost certainly in your future. And that future starts right here, with database-driven web application development using PHP and MySQL. In this course, you’ll learn how to create databases, tables, indexes, and storage procedures. You’ll also gain experience managing users, replicating tables and other geeky stuff. Then, once you’ve finished the course, you'll be able to create PHP-based web applications that persist data to and retrieve data from a MySQL database. Pretty awesome, right?
January 18 – March 21, 2024
Th 18:00 – 22:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Program using PHP in a procedural code, including functions and arrays;
• Design regular expressions and use them within PHP code for input validation;
• Program PHP code using an object-oriented program structure;
• Create dynamic web pages in PHP using MySQL;
• Perform basic administration of a MySQL database.
Our approachThis course features lectures and hands-on programming practice led by seasoned industry professionals who’ll guide you every step of the way as you learn industry standards and best practices. To succeed, you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. If you have little or no prior knowledge, you’ll need more time to gain familiarity with the concepts. Note that this is an online, synchronous course.
Who benefits the most?• Students working to complete their diploma in PHP development.
• Anyone who wants to take the first step towards a career as a front-end or full-stack developer.
• Anyone who wants to develop or broaden their programming skills.
• Programmers who want to learn a new language to open new career horizons.