Managing Digital Privacy for Your SME
Signal your interest
Course CodeCEPS 1133EO
By clicking on a site, any site, users are sharing a wealth of Personal Information (PI) data that is later mined for a myriad of reasons. Don’t just give it away. Learn what’s being shared, how and when so you can control and manage that PI for your company and its employees. How? In this vital professional workshop, presented in six hour-long modules by renowned industry expert Corinne Charette. In it, you’ll gain the basic knowledge you need to take part in the management of digital privacy in an SME and launch your career as a privacy protection officer. Stay safe out there!
There are no upcoming dates at this time.
Your takeawaysThis workshop will empower you to:
• Introduce yourself to the Privacy-By-Design method to ensure that privacy management is “built-in” from the start.
• Familiarize yourself with how internet-connected personal devices, online systems and platforms enable the overt and covert collection of personal information.
• Get introduced to the principle tech tools and approaches used to protect online systems, data and users.
• Learn about the key Canadian and international privacy-protection laws, including PIPEDA and CASL.
• Gain insight into the key components and steps in the implementation of a Privacy Management Program for an SME.
• Learn the causes and impacts of 3 high-profile privacy breaches that affected Canadian businesses and their customers.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning with instructor-led and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Employees of SMEs who want to become privacy protection officers or who work in HR and must manage employee PI.
• Business and systems analysts who want to implement processes and systems that collect and leverage PI.
• IT professionals who want to gain a better understanding of the business and legal ramifications of systems implementations.
• Marketing professionals who want to ethically leverage customer PI for their businesses.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Your trainerCorinne Charette, Senior Fellow, John Molson School of Business, PhD (Honoris Causa)
Before her retirement from federal public service, Corinne held many senior roles in both government and the private sector including that of Chief Information Officer for the Government of Canada, a position she held for six years. Prior to that, Corinne was CIO of FINTRAC, Canada’s financial intelligence unit. Her private sector experience includes roles as CIO for Transat A.T., a Partner in KPMG Consulting’s e-Business practice and Senior Vice President for Internet retail banking at CIBC. Corinne is an engineering graduate from Concordia and was awarded an honorary doctorate from Concordia in 2011. She currently is a board member of the SAAQ (Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec ) and ENCQOR 5G.