Once you have downloaded it onto your computer, you click on the orange that sits on your taskbar, and the QuickAccess menu will appear on the right of your screen.
QuickAccess for faculty & staff
Concordia offers a QuickAccess license at no cost to full-time active faculty and staff. QuickAccess provides in-app support when you are navigating certain applications provided by Concordia, including UNITY.
The SYNC function will recognize the application you are working in and display available resources, which can include step-by-step instructions, manuals and eLearning. QuickAccess is also searchable so that you can find what you need using the search bar at the top of the menu.
In-application resources include:
- Step-by-step guides that walk you through steps to perform a procedure in your chosen application.
- Detailed information provided as PDF manuals that you can open in your browser.
- Self-learning units that are eLearning modules which open in your browser when you click on them.
Who can use it?
Active full-time faculty and staff.
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with the QuickAccess menu.
How to get it
- Using the magnifying glass on the bottom left corner of your screen, search for Software Center on your computer.
- Click on Software Center.
- Click on QuickAccess menu installer and follow the wizard.
- Once installed, search for QuickAccess menu on your computer.
- Click on the QuickAccess menu app.
- Click on the QuickAccess menu at the bottom right and log in using your Concordia employee netname and password. An orange will appear on your taskbar. Click the orange to see the resources that are available. If no resources are available for the application you are in, you will see a sad orange indicating that there is no content.
If you are having trouble installing QuickAccess on your Concordia PC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Open your Chrome web browser and copy-paste the link below into the address bar to download the Chrome extension. By copying and pasting the link rather than clicking on it, you will be sure that it will open in Chrome rather than your default browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quickaccess-for-concordia/mjfnhbdpfhmagaepeeejcginchjkffci?hl=en&authuser=0
- Click Add to Chrome.
- A dialog box will appear, asking you to confirm that you wish to add the extension. Click Add extension.
- When you access Concordia websites and web pages that have in-app support content, just click on the QuickAccess orange to see the resources that appear automatically on the right side of the page you are navigating.
- Remember that this extension only works when you are using Google Chrome as a browser.
The SYNC function turns off when you click on one of the resources to ensure that your content does not disappear if you switch it to another application while reading it. You will then need to manually click on the SYNC toggle so that QuickAccess recognizes the application that you are navigating in and provides relevant resources for you.
Concordia’s IITS team is gradually making resources available to support Concordians within certain applications. If no resources are currently available for the application you are in, you will see a sad orange indicating that there is no content.