Concordia's IT department provides services to mark multiple choice examinations consisting of up to 120 questions with a choice of ten possible answers per question, or up to 180 questions with a choice of five possible replies. Exams will be returned to the professor with detailed results via Carrefour.
Also available at IITS are services to process and compile statistics from student research surveys. All forms and documentation can be obtained from IITS in LB 800 (Sir George Williams Campus) or CC 206 (Loyola Campus).
Related policy: As noted in the Undergraduate Calendar (16.3.9): instructors are responsible for the preservation of course work [which includes tests, examinations, essays and other work that has contributed to the grading of a course] that has not been returned to students as follows: until December 31st of the next calendar year for Fall term courses: until April 30th of the next calendar year for Fall/Winter and Winter-term courses; and until August 31st of the next calendar year for Summer-term courses.
Who can use it?
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with this service.
How to get it
- Professors must complete and submit an online request form before dropping off the scantron sheets for processing. To access the form, follow these steps:
- Log into the Concordia Hub.
- Click My CU Account, and then Administrative systems below.
- Click the 'Faculty & Staff Services' box to your right.
- Under the 'IITS Multiple Choice Exam Processing' heading, choose 'Submit Online Multiple Choice Request Form'.
- Professors can drop off and pick up their students' exam sheets at either IITS location (LB-800 or CC-207). For security reasons, exams should be submitted in person and not by mail.
The hours of operation for drop off and pick up are as follows:
- LB-800 Monday to Friday between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M.
- For service availability hours at Loyola, see the CC-207 Service Centre.
The turnaround time for an examination scoring is usually two working days, though this is contingent on the exams being submited properly.