Demographics and distribution
- Nearly 60% of respondents are aged 24 years old or less.
- Nearly 30% of respondents are aged between 25 and 34 years old.
Level of study and student status
- Overall, 80% of the respondents are undergraduate students and 19% are graduate students.
- Nearly 66% of respondents are full-time students and 33% are part-time.
- Students in undergraduate, masters and PhD programs primarily consist of full-time students (proportions vary between 62% to 94%). In contrast, students admitted to other graduate and undergraduate programs such as certificate or diploma programs generally have part-time status (proportions vary between 63% and 79%).
Areas of study
The faculty breakdown of student census respondents is:
- Faculty of Arts and Science: 43%
- Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science: 23%
- John Molson School of Business: 19%
- Faculty of Fine Arts: 11%
Higher proportions of women, members of 2SLGBTQIA+ communities, caregivers and people living with a disability or impairment are represented in the Faculty of Arts and Science (varying between 50 to 55%), or the Faculty of Fine Arts (varying between 12 to 31%).
Conversely, higher proportions of men, racialized people, members of a linguistic minority group and members of a religious or faith community study in the John Molson School of Business (22 to 23%), or in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science (24 to 39%).