Webinars (upcoming & recordings)
Last updated: January 11, 2021, 11:11 a.m.
This schedule will be updated continually. Please check back regularly for more training.
***Webinar links are posted about an hour before the webinar starts.
9th Annual Winterfest | Teaching in Times of Covid: Adapting to the Virtual University
Decemner 14 - 17, 2020
This year's annual teaching and learning festival centers around how to make the most of the new online reality of the university. Sessions will draw on the expertise and experience of faculty members on topics such as self-care and lessons learned teaching online, and include insights from the student experience.
Monday, December 21 @ 10:00 - 11:30 Estimating Student Workload in Remote Classes [Register for this event]
Monday, December 21 @ 12:30 - 2:30 Supercharge your Zoom classes [Register for this event]
Monday, December 21 @ 2:30 - 3:200 Introduction to TEMPO Resources (Teaching, Making & Performing Online) [Register for this event]
How to get CTL support
Course design & assessment
- Teaching Online: What Could it Look Like & Where Do I Start? | slides (12/2020)
- Principles for Online Course Delivery | slides
- Planning your First Day of Class Online
- Developing and Refining your Syllabus | slides
- Teaching Online: What Could it Look like and Where Should I Start? | slides
- Planning Online Group Work | slides
- Getting Started with Your Online Course | slides
- Assessment Strategies for Online Courses
- Designing Online Learning Activities | slides
- Introduction to Concordia's Online Exams (COLE) and Alternative Assessments
- Delivering an Engaging Online Course
- What is Remote Proctoring and do you really need it?
Moodle & Zoom
- What More Can Moodle Do? (12/2020)
- Best Practices for Promoting Interaction and Participation in Zoom (09/2020)
- What can Moodle do? (non-technical overview of Moodle functionality - 08/2020)
- Getting Stared with Moodle (set up of basic course features)
- What can Moodle do? (non-technical overview of Moodle functionality - 08/2019)
- Using Assignments in Moodle (Complete set up overview)
- Using Discussion Forums & Groups In Moodle (brief overview)
- Using & Setting Up Discussion Forums in Moodle (Review of pedagogical uses and Set up overview)
- How to Create and Manage a Quiz in Moodle: Step-by-step Instructions