Maritime Law & Marine Insurance
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCESF 409
You know the old saying: paperwork wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the paper and the work. All joking aside, it's time to get down to business. So, sharpen your pencils because this course provides an introduction to the commercial and contractual contexts of shipping, with special focus on topics like international contracts, agency contracts, bills of lading and more. This is the second-to-last course in your Certificate in Marine Transportation, so you're right on course.
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about international contracts and their role in shipping;
• Familiarize yourself with contracts of carriage and bills of lading;
• Gain knowledge of marine insurance and agency contracts;
• Understand the rules governing the carriage of goods by sea;
• Examine carrier issues, the Marine Liability Act and related subjects.
Our approachThis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Students who completed CESF 309 and want to continue their studies.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping or marine insurance.
• Import/Export workers who want to broaden their understanding of shipping.
• Anyone fascinated by the commercial aspects of shipping.