Editing for Professionals
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEPS 1143EO
Want to know what separates amateur writing from professional copy? Easy. It’s the editing. The process of refining and reducing. Knowing what to leave out, what to add in, where, and how. In short, it’s about tailoring concise, compelling copy perfectly targeted to a specific audience. If that sounds like a skill you’d like to develop, join professional editor Giuseppe Valiante for this powerful, pens-on workshop. Your readers will thank you.
Date(s) & Time
February 8, 2024
Th 9:00 – 12:00
Regular registration: $325.00 applicable tax
Early registration (before January 18): $292.50 applicable tax
Your takeawaysThis workshop will empower you to:
• make your writing more convincing and professional;
• appreciate and apply the basic tools of editing;
• structure and present compelling ideas for specific audiences;
• hone editing skills to address often-overlooked errors in business writing.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning with instructor-led and individual editing exercises; it includes a basic overview of grammar as it applies to editing.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone required to write and edit at work or who simply wants to improve their written communication.
• Employees engaged in improving their company’s communications.
• Executives who need to communicate effectively with employees and clients.
• Communications, marketing and sales professionals who need to pitch products or services convincingly.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or online.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Your trainerGiuseppe Valiante,
News Editor Atlantic/Quebec
The Canadian Press newswire
Giuseppe Valiante is responsible for editing multimedia content from five bureaus for CP’s national clients, which include The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, CBC and many other reputable news organizations in Canada. Over the years, he has trained journalists around the globe and regularly gives courses and workshops on writing and editing so rest assured, he can help you make your point clearly, concisely and with purpose.