Effective Business Writing
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEPS 1142EO
Are you being clear? Concise? Compelling? If not, you might as well stop writing because nobody’s going to read you. The truth is, how you say something is often more important than what you’re saying. Too often, writing is muddled with clutter and meaning is lost in unclear language. So, if you’d like to sharpen your skills and communicate more effectively, join professional editor Giuseppe Valiante for this powerful, pens-on workshop that’s sure to give you all the write stuff.
Date(s) & Time
April 23, 2024
Tu 9:00 – 12:00
Regular registration: $325.00 applicable tax
Early registration (before April 2): $292.50 applicable tax
Your takeawaysThis workshop will empower you to:
• transform your writing into formal, professional copy;
• appreciate and apply basic tools of narrative, structure, and clarity;
• learn how to write for various audiences;
• feel more confident in your writing abilities;
• appreciate how to use compelling writing to appeal to clients.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning with instructor-led and individual exercises. Throughout the workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to transform examples of your own writing using the concepts and tools explained.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone required to write at work or who simply wants to improve their written communication.
• Employees engaged in improving their company’s communications.
• Executives who need to communicate effectively with employees and clients.
• Communications, marketing and sales professionals who need to pitch products or services convincingly.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or online.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Your trainerGiuseppe Valiante,
News Editor Atlantic/Quebec
The Canadian Press newswire
Giuseppe Valiante is responsible for editing multimedia content from five bureaus for CP’s national clients, which include The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, CBC and many other reputable news organizations in Canada. Over the years, he has trained journalists around the globe and regularly gives courses and workshops on writing and editing so rest assured, he can help you make your point clearly, concisely and with purpose.