Optimizing Business Operations
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCENT 1800
Entrepreneurs are often driven by ideas; but businesses are driven by processes. This course will help you blend the two to optimize the management of daily operations to increase your chances for success. In it, you'll gain a foundational understanding of operational management including defining optimal processes, managing capacity to meet demand, the principals of LEAN operations and total quality management, the basics of project management and risk management and a better understanding of how the operations of your new businesses will evolve over time. Sound like a good idea?
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Analyze and optimize business processes;
• Design operational processes;
• Forecast demand and plan capacity;
• Improve operations by becoming LEAN and focusing on total quality;
• Manage projects, identify risks and build contingency plans;
• Estimate profitability and perform financial planning for operations;
• Identify appropriate financing options for your small business.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
• Anyone who is thinking of starting a business or simply wants to learn how to better manage business operations.
• Anyone who has tried to start their own business only to realize they need professional education and guidance.
• Self-employed workers and small-businesses owners who want to improve operational efficiency.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.