Innovation and Problem Solving
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCELD 1500
In today’s rapidly changing business world, you’ve got two choices: innovate or die. Chances are, you’d choose the first option, but before you can make it happen, you have to create a specific type of culture within your organization—one that fosters critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and innovation. In this course, you’ll learn how to do all four. You’ll gain experience with critical thinking and hone your ability to look at problems from different angles. You’ll also acquire practical problem-solving methods, brainstorming techniques and decision-making tools. And with those skills in hand, you’ll be the type of leader and manager that today’s businesses so desperately need.
September 18 – November 20, 2024
We 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create a working environment that promotes critical thinking and fosters innovation;
• Analyze complex problems with your team using appropriate problem-solving processes;
• Apply idea-generation strategies and facilitation skills to encourage participation during your team meetings;
• Establish a structured process for identifying and acting upon opportunities for continuous improvement.
Our approachStudents will engage in practical and critical thinking courses allowing them to reflect and project themselves in their current or future work environment. Teachers will use many pedagogical techniques such as case studies, group discussions, team presentations, introspection questionnaires to apply learning to real-world experiences. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Students and business professionals who want to become better innovators and problem-solvers.
• Mid-level managers and other business professionals who want to broaden their skills to open up new career horizons.
• New and lower-level managers who want to move into a higher management role.
• Recent business grads who want to enter the workforce or business professionals seeking a promotion.
• Newcomers to Canada who want a certificate or diploma from a respected Canadian institution.