Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEJN 126
Chances are you've traveled to some fascinating places, near or far. Maybe you even traveled here from abroad to study. Or then again, it could be you're simply fascinated with the idea of exploring someplace new. Wouldn't you love to tell your story; to capture your readers' attention and take them on a journey of your own? If that sounds exciting, you've arrived at your destination. This course will help you do all that and more through workshops and short travel-writing assignments as well as feature-length, first-person travelogues. You'll see: once you've honed your skills as a travel writer, your readers will follow you to the end of the earth.
January 18 – March 21, 2024
Th 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Research a potential travel story with a specific angle;
• Gain understanding of how to work with travel/media professionals;
• Market yourself successfully as a travel writer;
• Pitch your idea to an editor and complete the assignment.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Anyone considering a career in journalism.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Travelers who want to learn how to tell the stories of their journeys.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.