Cybersecurity Awareness for Business and Employees
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCECR 2002
Awesome. You’ve learned how to identify the main cybersecurity threats facing you and your organization. Now it’s time for an overarching strategy to help prevent those threats in the first place. Led by a recognized cybersecurity pro, this is the second of three specialized courses in our accelerated Certificate in Cybersecurity Proficiency program. Here, you’ll learn to develop and implement an overall cybersecurity strategy. You’ll also gain the knowledge and skills you need to develop an effective cybersecurity posture for your organization. Let’s do it.
October 17 – November 16, 2023
Tu Th 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis is a great way to help you:
• Describe the basics of cybersecurity;
• Describe different types of cyber threats that businesses face;
• Communicate methods to protect businesses from cyber-attacks;
• Advocate for the importance of cybersecurity for businesses;
• Communicate using cybersecurity terminology, when speaking to technical professionals;
• Communicate cybersecurity in business terms to upper management;
• List areas of an organization to consider when developing a cybersecurity strategy.
Our approachIn this online course, you’ll benefit from demonstrations, case-studies, and problem-based learning led by industry experts. You’ll also learn through peer conversations and through practical tasks that are readily applicable to small- and medium-sized businesses.
Who benefits the most?• Non-technical professionals with responsibilities over significant confidential, sensitive data who want to minimize their organization’s information-management and security risks.
• Employees in a non-technical role who work with cybersecurity professionals and need to be proficient in their jargon.
• Executives, senior managers, and technical staff who want to bolster cybersecurity within their organizations.
• Employees who want to broaden their skills to access new career opportunities.
• Students or other individuals who want to increase their understanding of cybersecurity for personal or professional reasons.