Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEBU 1180
Before you sign on the dotted line, you might want to read the contract. And before you do that, you might want to take this course. In it, you'll learn about the general and emerging legal principles that apply to business in Québec and Canada. You'll develop your ability to identify and analyze those legal issues that are pertinent to your day-to-day business transactions and relationships. In short, you'll learn how to stay on the right side of the law. By the way, if you're looking for fine print, you won't find any here.
January 15 – March 18, 2024
Mo 18:00 – 21:00
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify and produce a binding and enforceable contract;
• Employ the relevant articles of the Civil Code of Québec as they apply to specific business scenarios;
• Determine the most suitable form of business ownership for a new or existing enterprise;
• Develop legally acceptable employment conditions in the workplace.
Our approachYour classes will consist of lectures and dynamic discussions on emerging legal topics presented by an experience business lawyer. You'll be strongly encouraged to participate, share your point of view and make your case. This course is designed with a combination of online live synchronous learning where the instructor and the students meet in a virtual classroom (Zoom) at the same time, and asynchronous work guided by the instructor and completed by students in their own time.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of business law.
• Students who want to pursue a career or studies in any type of business.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to understand business law and reduce their liability.
• HR employees and business owners who want to understand the law in the context of the workplace.
• Banking or engineering employees who want to move up through the ranks.
• Young students considering law school and looking for a stepping-stone.
• Anyone who might have to enter into a business contract.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about organizational structures.
• Foreign business students who want to learn the basics of Québec Civil code as it relates to business.