The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in the Faculty of Arts and Science at Concordia University invites applications for a Canadian Institutes of Health Research Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC). This CRC is targeted to researchers who will design and develop new enabling omics technologies, point-of-care and personalized health monitoring devices and/or clinical in vitro diagnostics tests and pursue appropriate validation and translation of these new technologies into clinical or health practice. The tenure-track appointment will be at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, commensurate with experience.
You can also check the openings in the Faculty of Arts and Science or the staff positions from the university.
Nanoscience Facility Manager and TEM Specialist
Laboratory Stock Keeper
The Laboratory Stock Keeper position provides students from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry with the opportunity to gain working experience while studying. Every term the Department offers students approximately 40 Stock Keeper positions. The Stock Keeper will be assisting the lab technicians maintain glassware, equipment and help with daily teaching labs operations.
Applicants are required to:
- Be a current Concordia student with a minimum of four completed chemistry laboratory courses or comparable work/study experience
- Have a minimum of 3.00 GPA
- Have completed the following safety training courses:
o Hazardous Waste Disposal
o WHMIS 1988 for Lab Personnel
o WHMIS 2015
How to apply:
Email the following documents to email@example.com:
- application form
- unofficial transcript
- a copy of your course schedule
- specify the position number you are applying for
Candidates will be required to sign a contract upon hiring and bring a void check.
December 10, 2020 for Winter 2021
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Post-doctorate and graduate student positions
- Postdoctoral position in theoretical/computational chemistry
- Joint France-Quebec study: graduate assistantship in theoretical and experimental physical chemistry
- Graduate assistantships in theoretical/computational chemistry