Each year the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry recognises students with outstanding academic achievements.
The awardees for the 2018-2019 academic year are:
- Alexandre Tétrault: ACS Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Fidelite Nahayo: Lenoir Book Prize
- Kelly Burchell-Reyes: CSC Silver Medal Award in Chemistry
- Constantinos Blidjios: CSC Silver Medal Award in Biochemistry
- Jason Covone: SCI-CIC Graduating Student Merit Award in Biochemistry
- Weijie Tan: SCI-CIC Graduating Student Merit Award in Chemistry
Awards are also presented to outstanding students in a given academic year. This year’s award holders are:
- Panagiota Taktikakis: Award of Excellence – Year 1, Biochemistry
- Hoai Ân Luu: Award of Excellence – Year 1, Chemistry
- Kwan Ming Tam: Award of Excellence – Co-op, Year 1.5
- Bohdan Kulinich: Award of Excellence – Year 2, Biochemistry
- Karen Emma Nounke: Award of Excellence – Year 2, Chemistry
- Sevag Pilavdjian: Award of Excellence – Co-op, Year 2.5
- Jason Covone: Award of Excellence – Year 3, Biochemistry
- Weijie Tan: Award of Excellence – Year 3, Chemistry
The Department also congratulates Kelly Burchell-Reyes for the Fondation Lucien Piché - Gilead Scholarship (2019) for outstanding achievement.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry congratulates all award holders!
Are you interested in applying for an award? Here are some resources for you!
Most awards for outstanding achievements in a given academic year are determined by a departmental committee based on merit. You are included automatically, if you are a Chemistry and Biochemistry Student.
However, there are a number of awards that you can apply for –
· Concordia Financial Aid award database: http://www.concordia.ca/students/financial-support/scholarships-awards.html
· Fondation Lucien Piché: https://www.fondationlucienpiche.org/copie-de-bourses
If you know about other awards that are not listed in the above pages and databases, let us know with the link and we will add it here.