Each year the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry recognises students with outstanding academic achievements.
· The Provost’s Medal
Kelly has shown commitment and spirit towards academic excellence, leadership, athleticism, and civic responsibility reflecting the values exemplified by Concordia University and the Office of the Provost.
· NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award
The NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award is awarded to nurture interest and fully develop the potential for a research career in the natural sciences and engineering. They are also meant to encourage graduate studies in these fields.
Kwan Ming Tam
· Exceptional Co-op student for the Faculty of Arts and Science.
· Recipient of the Bergeron Family Undergraduate Co-op Scholarship
Kwan has maintained excellent academic standing and excellent standing at the Institute for Co-operative Education and demonstrated leadership and commitment to Co-op education.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry congratulates all award holders.
The awardees for the 2018-2019 academic year are:
- Alexandre Tétrault: ACS Award in Analytical Chemistry
- Fidelite Nahayo: Lenoir Book Prize
- Kelly Burchell-Reyes: CSC Silver Medal Award in Chemistry
- Constantinos Blidjios: CSC Silver Medal Award in Biochemistry
- Jason Covone: SCI-CIC Graduating Student Merit Award in Biochemistry
- Weijie Tan: SCI-CIC Graduating Student Merit Award in Chemistry
Awards are also presented to outstanding students in a given academic year. This year’s award holders are:
- Panagiota Taktikakis: Award of Excellence – Year 1, Biochemistry
- Hoai Ân Luu: Award of Excellence – Year 1, Chemistry
- Kwan Ming Tam: Award of Excellence – Co-op, Year 1.5
- Bohdan Kulinich: Award of Excellence – Year 2, Biochemistry
- Karen Emma Nounke: Award of Excellence – Year 2, Chemistry
- Sevag Pilavdjian: Award of Excellence – Co-op, Year 2.5
- Jason Covone: Award of Excellence – Year 3, Biochemistry
- Weijie Tan: Award of Excellence – Year 3, Chemistry
The Department also congratulates Kelly Burchell-Reyes for the Fondation Lucien Piché - Gilead Scholarship (2019) for outstanding achievement.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry congratulates all award holders!
Are you interested in applying for an award? Here are some resources for you!
Most awards for outstanding achievements in a given academic year are determined by a departmental committee based on merit. You are included automatically, if you are a Chemistry and Biochemistry Student.
However, there are a number of awards that you can apply for –
· Concordia Financial Aid award database: http://www.concordia.ca/students/financial-support/scholarships-awards.html
· Fondation Lucien Piché: https://www.fondationlucienpiche.org/copie-de-bourses
If you know about other awards that are not listed in the above pages and databases, let us know with the link and we will add it here.