The Killam Fellowship
The Killam Fellowships Program provides an opportunity for exceptional undergraduate students from universities in Canada and the United States to spend either one semester or a full academic year as an exchange student in the other country and gain a broader understanding of the culture of the host country.
Why Canadian students choose Killam
The 2021-2022 application period is closed. Plan for next year!
- $5,000 US Award (one semester)
- $750 US Health Insurance Allowance
- Fall Orientation in Ottawa
- Spring Seminar in Washington
Fellows are also eligible to apply for
All Canadian applicants for the Killam Fellowships Program must
- Be Canadian citizen.
- Be full-time undergraduate students in good standing at a degree granting institution in Canada.
- Have met the eligibility requirements of their home university.
- Be fluent in the English language (and/or French, where appropriate).
- Have a superior and competitive academic record.
- Have completed the application process prior to the published deadlines.
How to apply?
Concordia Students must apply through the Killam Fellowship open competition and must be currently enrolled at any degree granting institution in Canada and be applying to any degree granting institution (including the participating colleges and universities) in the United States.
- Proof of Citizenship (pdf, 1 page, passport preferred)
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf, up to 3 pages, 12 point font, 1" margins)
- Unofficial Transcript(s) from all post secondary education institutions (pdf)
- Personal Statement (pdf, 1 page, single spaced, 12pt font, 1" margins)
- Course Selection Forms (pdf, 1 page)
Please fill out 1 form for each institution that applies to your application and have it signed by an official at your home institution. Those applying to the direct exchange will only need to fill out course selection forms for their top 3 picks.
- Letter(s) of Acceptance (pdf)
If applying to the open competition and you have already received a letter of acceptance.
- English Language Proficiency Form (pdf, 1 page)
If english is not your first language.
- Fill out a request for request for 2 references