Outbound Exchange & Covid
The Concordia International team is here to assist you in making an informed choice. To this end, the following information will help you plan and prepare for your semester abroad.
- Register in Concordia University courses as per usual until you receive confirmation that your exchange is proceeding. Only after you receive confirmation that your exchange is proceeding and your host acceptance letter, should you withdraw from your Concordia University courses. Should you modify or change your plans, there is no guarantee that you will be able to complete the term at Concordia University after the DNE deadline.
- With the exception of passport renewals and fees that the exchange destination directs you to pay prior to your departure, we recommend that your please do not make any travel arrangements that require a financial commitment (like airline tickets, accommodation deposits, etc.) until you have been notified that your exchange will be proceeding. If you must do so, please consider making refundable or modifiable arrangements.
Your exchange plans may be affected by policy changes made by your host university or country. Below are some of the things that could potentially affect the nature of your exchange.
- Courses taught by your host institution may be taught remotely, be interrupted, or change format throughout the semester.
- The beginning of the semester may be delayed. You may experience delays in obtaining immigration documents (such as study permits, student visas).
- You may be subject to international travel restrictions, which oblige you to self-isolate upon arrival AND that may affect your return travel.
- Your host country government may have exceptional health and safety measures and entry/exit requirements.
- The Canadian Government is frequently updating its' travel policies and/or restrictions.
- There may be limited or no access to student housing offered by your host institution- and such housing may be shut down during your stay in response to the local health situation.
- You may experience last minute changes in course offerings by your host institution.
- Social distancing measures that may or may not be implemented in your host country.
Your health insurance provider may not cover complications or care in the event of a position COVID-19 diagnosis. Please review the terms of your coverage and consider purchasing a specifically tailored product.
Students who opt into the CSU Health Insurance plan as part of their Concordia tuition should consult STUDENTCARE for details on your coverage. Please note that as of September 1, 2020, this insurance will cover you for any COVID related issues.
Your exchange may be affected by policy changes made by your host university or, country. In addition, the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic could lead to mid-semester interruptions and changes in the nature of your studies abroad. It is important to be prepared for any interruptions or unexpected events. The COVID Travel Preparation Plan provides Concordia students traveling overseas with the necessary information and strategies to effectively handle personal health and safety and emergency situations