2020 ECE Graduate Student Research (GSR) Conference
Tuesday, March 17, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
ENCS Atrium – EV Building
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department is pleased to announce the Sixth Annual ECE-GSR Conference. GSR is a unique opportunity to: (a) showcase our graduate-level research work, (b) enhance our students’ technical communication skills, and (c) expose our students, both undergraduate and graduate, to the depth of the research being carried out by different ECE research groups.
Participants in GSR Conference are eligible to participate in the GSR Paper Competition (GSRPC). GSRPC is judged by ECE faculty members. . Participants in GSRPC will be judged on (a) the knowledge of research content, (b) delivery effectiveness, (c) the presentation layout and organization.
Refreshment and lunch are provided for GSR Conference participants.
- All ECE graduate students are encourage to participate in GSR Conference
- Research work may include thesis work, independent studies, and/or classroom projects.
- Participants in GSR may also participate to compete for GSRPC awards.
- Due to the limited available space, priority of participation will be given in this order: seniority in the program, CGPA, # of participants with research group.
- Participants in GSR and GSRPC must:
- Obtain permission from their academic supervisors for thesis students or from GPD for MEng students.
- Register for GSR Conference by Friday, January 17, 2020 (registration form) . Registration is free.
- Submit a brief abstract (pdf format) by Thursday, January 30, 2020, according to the posted instruction using the online submission system. Abstract in English should be limited to one page with a maximum of 500 words and should include the title and names of authors and their affiliations. Abstract should not include any equations, tables, sketches or figures. Decision approving participation in GSR Conference will be announced by February 7, 2020.
2. Poster Presentation
- Participants in GSR prepare their research essential information according to the posted poster guidelines. Please check the Helpdesk capstone project website for the detailed plotter printing.
- Participants in GSRPC must submit a copy of their poster (in pdf file) and extended abstract to Sheryl Tablan (email@example.com) by Monday, March 9, 2020.
- You must pick up your printed poster from H0964-00 by Monday, March 16, 2020.
Coordinator, Graduate Programs
Office: S-EV 5.166
Phone: (514) 848-2424 ext. 4154