Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions: Out of Province Student Aid

Posted on August 18, 2021

You can find the list of provincial and terriorial student aid authorities here. If you're unsure of your residency and don't know which provincial aid you should apply for, do not hesitate to send us an email at

For all out of province financial aid programs, Concordia's school code is FUAC.

Yes, you must be fully registered in order for your loan provider to have the correct amounts you will be paying in tuition and fees. Please note that waitlisted classes do not appear on your transcript and therefore do not count toward your credit load.

To be considered a full-time student for OSAP, you need to be enrolled and maintain minimum 60% of a full course load per term. Undergraduate students taking 15 credits per term means 100%, 12 credits per term means 80% and 9 credits per term means 60%. 

Please verify the requirements with your provincial or territorial student aid provider. Any necessary updates can be requested by students though their portals. Consequently, the Financial Aid & Awards office will process them electronically once in they are in our queues. The confirmations will start after the DNE deadline of each term. Please make sure you make a request for each term.

If you have received Ontario Student Assistance (OSAP), you must submit a request for Confirmation of Interest Free Status through your OSAP portal. 

If you have received government student aid from all Canadian provinces and territories except Ontario and Quebec, you must submit a request to confirm your enrolment status on the NSLSC portal. 

Back to top

© Concordia University