13-19 May 2016
Compiled by Caroline Johnpulle
- MONUSCO seeks support of the population for defense against, militia army ADF
- Moïse Katumbi placed under mandated provisional arrest
- North Kivu: 2 military killed in Kilimanyoka
1. MONUSCO seeks support of the population for defense against, militia army ADF
(Agence Congolaise Presse, government-owned news agency, article dated 18 May 2016 in French) La MONUSCO sollicite le concours de la population pour la neutralisation des ADF
- MONUSCO and FARDC want the cooperation of the public to support the fight against the ADF.
- The team plans to increase tactical actions, moving in smaller groups throughout Beni,
2. Moïse Katumbi placed under mandated provisional arrest
(Agence Congolaise Presse, government-owned news agency, article dated 19 May 2016 in French) Moïse Katumbi placé sous mandat d’arrêt provisoire
- Former governor of Katanga, Moses Katumbi was charged Thursday for infringing the internal and external state security.
- The general prosecutor's office announced he’s been placed under warranted provisional arrest.
3. North Kivu: 2 military killed in Kilimanyoka
(Radio-Okapi, independent/privately-owned newspaper, article dated 15 May 2016, in French) Nord-Kivu: 2 militaires tués à Kilimanyoka
- Gunmen attacked an army the night of May 15.
- Two soldiers were killed two soldiers and another wounded in the town of Kilimanyoka in North Kivu.