DPrint - faculty & staff
Through the DPrint service, Xerox was selected to install and service multifunction printer/scanner/photocopier devices for use across both the downtown and Loyola campuses. In total, the agreement covers approximately 250 departmental machines for faculty and staff use. The goal of DPrint is to reduce paper waste, simplify printing, and offer consistent, high quality services across the University. Users of departmental machines are granted user codes associated with the departmental budget code for the department in which they work. With this internal accounting method, each department is able to manage and control their printing costs and manage user accounts.
Who can use it?
Faculty and staff who have been authorized under their departmental budget code.
How much does it cost?
A full price list for printing, scanning, or photocopying services can be found in the documentation section of this page. These charges will be applied directly to the established budget code for your department.
How to get it
- To obtain a user code, a request must be submitted via web form to the Service Desk by a representative of your department with signing authority on the departmental budget code.
Maintenance is performed on Mondays from 2:00 A.M. to 2:30 A.M.
Printer installation may require administrative access to your computer.
When using the Print Queue installation, Windows PCs will install the printer drivers automatically from the print server.
- Enter the full name of the printer into the run command as: \\xdm-ps-spooler.concordia.ca\"PrinterName"$
- The printer name can be found on the front of the device, on the configuration sheet behind the device, or on a colleague's computer. They are usually names "Model_BuildingFloor_Room". Example: 5755_EV6_978$
- If you are prompted for network credentials (non-domain PCs), enter:
User Name: Concordia\netname
Password: Your netname password
- The installation will complete and the printer will be available. The first time you print to the newly installed device, you will be prompted for the User ID and account ID. These will be saved for subsequent print attempts. If you receive an error or are unable to inatall a printer, submit a web form to schedule an appointment with a technician.
Mac users will have to make a request to have the drivers installed by submitting a web form to the Service Desk to schedule an appointment with a technician.
Black and White
These charges will be applied to the departmental budget code.
There are no additional fees for different paper sizes, as the supplies are purchased by the department and not supplied by DPrint.
Faculty and staff who have been authorized under their departmental budget code and assigned a user ID.
To obtain a User ID (print code), a request must be submitted to the Service Desk via web form by someone with signing authority in your department. The request should include the name of the requestor, the new person to be added, the department, and the departmental budget code.
For support or to report an issue, submit a web form with the following information:
- Your netname.
- Location of the device where the issue occurred.
- Approximate time the issue occurred.
- For any ID related issues, note both your User ID and Account ID.
- Toner, staples and other consumables are automatically ordered and shipped to departments. Cost for these items is included in the service contract.
- Paper is supplied and installed by each department individually.
- If you need assistance with the installation of supplies, submit a web form to the Service Desk or call 514-848-2424 ext. 7613 for assistance.
Only DPrint administrators designated in each department can obtain reports. DPrint administrators typically have budget signing authority, are the VOIP coordinator and/or are the department administrator.
If you are the DPrint administrator for your department, follow these steps:
- In MyConcordia, under ‘Faculty and Staff Services’ select ‘DPrint Report’ under ‘Miscellaneous’.
- Choose the date range and click ‘Select’.
- The report will be generated in .html and may take a few minutes to complete.
- The report can also be exported as an Excel file by clicking ‘Export to Excel’.
Follow these steps:
- Install a print driver on your computer for your DPrint device: Installing a new printer
- Select ‘Print’.
- When the print window opens you will receive an accounting prompt.
- Enter your User ID (5-7 digits) and proceed to print.
- On the device you will receive an accounting prompt.
- On the touch screen, type your User ID, press ‘Next’
- Type your Account ID and press ‘Enter’.
- Select the service you would like to use from the home screen
Note: if the accounting prompt is not there, press the silver ‘services home’ button then select the service you wish to use. This will bring up the accounting prompt.
To have a device relocated, submit a web form to the Service Desk a minimum of 5 business days before the move will occur.
Include the following information:
- Your netname.
- Current location of the device
- Future location of the device
- New Ethernet port number