Skip to main content

Call for Submissions

Thank you for your interest in the Artist Call for Submissions. The application period is now closed. If you have questions, please contact us at

Program overview

For a second year, the Art Volt Collection (AVC) is accepting applications for the launch of its second annual collection in May! Graduating students and recent alumni of Concordia’s Faculty of Fine Arts are encouraged to submit their artworks for sale and rental. 

What is the Art Volt Collection?

  • A rental and sales service of artworks created by recent alumni of the Faculty of Fine Arts
  • A stepping stone between the university and the professional art market – make your first sales as a professional artist!
  • An evolving collection: artworks are consigned to the Collection for 3 years. If they are not purchased during their consignment period, they are returned to the artist
  • A professional website featuring your bio and your artist profile and your artwork, for viewing and promotion to collectors, clients and the general public.
  • A community of artists, connected through professional training and social events
  • An opportunity to network and meet with clients and patrons - from the Concordia community as well as external community (private collectors, galleries, local business offices)
  • A platform that supports and represents your work

How the Collection works:

  • Applications are reviewed and selected by a jury of professionals
  • Selected artists have to attend mandatory training sessions on Fridays March 24th + 31st 
  • 70% of all revenues (rental or sale) from an artwork are paid to the artist by the AVC in the form of an artist fee; the remaining 30% is retained by the AVC as a commission, to support the administration and management of the service
  • Until artworks are rented or sold, artists are responsible of their storage
  • Artists have access to framing loans to help them absorb the costs of framing – when applicable 

Application + Eligibility criteria

  • Applicants must have applied for graduation in Spring 2023 or have graduated within the last five (5) years either from Concordia University’s Faculty of Fine Arts, or from INDI or HUMA PhD with a primary supervisor in the Faculty of Fine Arts.

  • For the inaugural collection, artworks must be either in 2D or 3D formats and require no or minimal technical equipment to be shown (painting, drawing, print, ceramics, sculpture, photography, installation, fibres & material practices, video, design objects, etc.)

  • Applicants must submit a minimum of three (3) and may submit up to twenty (20) artworks in a single application

  • Artworks may have been created outside of the context of or after graduation from Concordia University’s Faculty of Fine Arts 
  • Applicants may not be already represented by a commercial art gallery 
  • The rights to all artwork(s) submitted must be fully owned by the applying artist 

  • Applicants must be fully available on Fridays March 24th + 31st  for an onboarding + training session

Please submit your application by Sunday, February 12th, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST.


Provide the following information as part of your application:

1. Personal information

  • Full name

  • Preferred pronoun(s) - optional

  • Telephone number

  • Email address

  • Concordia student number

2. Supporting documents

  • A list of all submitted artworks, with the following details for each work: title, year of production, description, material, dimensions, weight, mounting/framing/technical requirements (in a single PDF, to be uploaded here)
    example: Sunset on the beach, 2019, landscape painting, watercolor on canvas, 2’ x 3’, 10lbs, unframed

  • Artist bio (max 250 words, in either English or French)

  • Artist statement (max 500 words, in either English or French)

  • Up-to-date CV that includes past exhibitions, awards, distinctions and prizes (in a single PDF, 2 pages max)

  • Proof of graduation: screen capture of your graduation status from the Student Hub, your student record or your diploma.

3. Visual documentation

  • At least one (1) photo or digital image per artwork submitted, with the following details: title, description, dimensions, medium, year of production (max 15 MB per image, each image labelled by title of artwork)


People interested in applying are invited to join an information session that will be held on February 2nd at noon. To join an information session, please request a zoom link with


For any other question, please email

Visit the online catalogue of the Collection

Refer to this webpage for more information about the procedure for artists

Want to know more?

We are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Contact us at
+1 514 848-2424 ext. 8843

This initiative is made possible by the generous support of the Peter N. Thomson Family Innovation Fund.

Back to top

© Concordia University