LTK Award of Excellence 2011
Congratulations to Tanya Beccat, a cycle one teacher from Leonardo da Vinci Academy (EMSB) who was the very first recipient of LTK Award of Excellence.
Excerpt from the nomation letter: "The CSLP has worked with Tanya for many years (since the inception of ePortfolio) and we have been impressed by her dedication, perseverance and enthusiasm over the years. We believe that she meets all of the criteria for this award and then some.
- Uses the LTK as an integral part of teaching, sustained over time.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the underlying pedagogy of theLTK.
- Encouragesfacilitate access to the software from home.
- Engages in professional developmet through attendance at variousLTK workshops.
- Actively participates in the LTK community by sharing experiencesand/or teaching/learning materials.
- Values and contributes to evidence on LTK effectiveness andimplementation.
We can think of no other teacher who is so deserving of this award."
The award was presented by Phil Abrami (Director, CSLP) to Ms Beccat at the LTK International Institute on May 19, 2011.