Introduction to SEO
Check Upcoming Dates
Course CodeCEPS 1098EO
There are over 200 million active websites out there and they’re all vying for attention. But here’s a more daunting fact: if you don’t master SEO, your website is the proverbial needle in a haystack. Impossible to find. But not to fear. In this intensive workshop lead by digital pro Tarek Riman, you’ll learn all the basics you need to maximize your reach on the web, like the role of SEO in the marketing mix, SEO stats and terms, what makes good SEO and more. You’ll also familiarize yourself with key concepts like crawling, indexing and ranking factors. It’s easy, if you want to unleash the potential of your website, this is where you should start.
Date(s) & Time
February 15, 2024
Th 9:00 – 12:00
Regular registration: $325.00 applicable tax
Early registration (before January 25): $292.50 applicable tax
Your takeawaysThis training will enable you to:
• Learn the HOWs and WHYs of implementing SEO strategies from the ground up;
• Discuss SEO as part of a business goal and the consumer journey;
• Understand the ranking factors for SEO;
• Perform an SEO audit and create recommendations based on the audit;
• Recognize how web pages are crawled, indexed and ranked by search engines;
• Incorporate social media and content marketing into your SEO strategy;
• Identify how SEO is linked to analytics, coding, KWs, content and more.
Our approachThis online workshop is based on co-active coaching, conscious leadership, team performance coaching and case studies. In short, you’ll grow professionally by mastering your ability to learn, work and be productive remotely.
In order to maximize engagement and knowledge transfer during our online workshops, it is highly recommended that participants keep their cameras on.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone working in a startup that’s trying to stand out on the web;
• Entrepreneurs and self-employed workers who want their websites to make it to the top of searches quickly and economically;
• Marketers, marketing managers, media professionals, advertising executives, content writers and web pros who want to promote websites more efficiently and/or broaden their knowledge of search;
• Anyone who wants to learn how to use SEO to build stronger organizations;
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
All workshops can be customized for corporate groups. They can be offered on the date of your choosing, remotely or in your office.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
Your trainerTarek Riman, BBA, MA, MMIE
Founder | Best-Selling Author | University Instructor | Marketing Technology & Analytics Expert
Tarek is a digital marketing expert who has worked with 350+ agencies, SMBs and Fortune 500s. He is certified in all the major digital platforms including AdWords, Analytics, Bing, HubSpot, Woorank, OMCP, Facebook and Hootsuite.
A graduate of Concordia University, Queen's University, Berkeley University and Harvard, Tarek teaches at Concordia as well as several other Canadian and international universities. As a speaker, workshop leader and instructor, Tarek gives talks on Digital Analytics, Social Media, SEO/SEM, Digital Marketing, WordPress and Content Marketing with the goal of giving clients, companies, businesses and students the tools they need to use digital marketing effectively.
Tarek is the founder of a lifestyle blog called Montrealtips.com. He donates all proceeds generated from this blog to the Breakfast Club of Canada, UN Refugee Agency and the Montreal Children's Hospital. He is also involved with NGOs and charities in Canada and worldwide. He is the author of four best-selling books: "The Camino Within," "The Secret to Capitalizing on Analytics," "The SEO Way,” and "Paid Search Marketing."
Whether the goal is to drive traffic on websites, build effective SEM-based campaigns, understand key social media platforms or utilize Google Analytics to drive performance, Tarek thrives on supporting entrepreneurs, marketers and businesses to reach their full potential.