Engaging and Leading Employees through Change
Signal your interest
Course CodeCECM 300
In today’s rapidly transforming business landscape, there is only one thing that is constant: Change. As a manager or advisor in communications, PR or marketing, you know that helping employees navigate, adapt to, and embrace constant workplace disruption is a daunting task. But you also know that it’s strategically vital to maintaining a adaptive culture that leads to success. This course will show you how to develop a change management plan to align employees around change using a consultative and participative approach that will have a positive change within your organization and on your career.
There are no upcoming dates at this time.
Your takeawaysThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop an employee engagement plan to implement a change program.
• Adopt a participatory and consultative approach to build credibility as a trusted advisor to management.
• Apply storytelling techniques to foster trust and alignment around change.
• Identify and address the company's cultural barriers to implementing change.
• Employ strategies to engage senior leaders in the change process.
Our approachThis course is project-based, with a focus on cooperative peer learning. Working in study support groups, you’ll practice strategic thinking and communication planning skills hands-on using your own business case for employee engagement around change. You’ll be challenged to have an agile approach when it comes to change management using various leadership styles. This course is designed for the students to meet regularly during live synchronous learning in an online virtual classroom (Zoom).
Who benefits the most?• Early-career public relations or communication specialists who want to step up to a strategic role as managers or advisers.
• Individuals at any level in the profession looking to refresh or upgrade their skills in applying data literacy to strategic communication planning.
• Individuals in marketing, advocacy or public affairs who want to apply professional communication best practices to improve the effectiveness of their work.