Thesis deadlines & formatting
|Initial submission (Prior to Defence)||February 1|
|Final electronic submission (After Defence)||April 1|
|Initial submission (Prior to Defence)||May 15|
|Final electronic submission (After Defence)||September 1|
- It must be double spaced, in a standard font (Times New Roman 12pt / Arial 11pt), with 1 inch margins.
- The title page, signature page, abstract and acknowledgement/dedication page must be numbered in roman numerals.
Initial Submission – before defence
- Student obtains approval from supervisor to submit thesis for defence.
- Two (2) copies are submitted to the graduate assistant who will make them available to the readers. Copies should be spiral bound with a cover page that shows the thesis title, student name and department. This can be done at the digital store in the LB building.
Final Submission – after defence
- You must submit the final version of the thesis electronically.
- Final thesis deposit must be made through the Library Repository, Spectrum.
- The electronic submission must be in PDF/a format (archival PDF). For information on how to deposit
theses, students must log on to Spectrum using their portal name and ID. Follow instructions using the HELP button. Students will be provided with detailed instructions.
- A blank copy of the signature page (with examiners’ names but without signatures) must be inserted into the final electronic submission of the thesis.
- Deposit deadlines will remain the same (i.e. a final approved thesis must be submitted electronically by September 1 for Fall convocation and April 1 for Spring convocation).
- We encourage you to submit before this date to facilitate graduation.