Surface Canada 2017
Biannual meeting of the Surface Science Division of the CSC and CAP
May 9-12, 2017
Surface Canada is the premier conference on surface science in Canada.
Surface Canada is interdisciplinary in nature, and will bring together world-recognized experts and young researchers from a broad spectrum of disciplines including physics, chemistry, material science engineering and many other fields and will cover a wide range of topics pertinent to surface science, from the fundamental to the applied.
Surface Canada will provide an avenue for scientists from academic, industrial and government labs to meet and define the important problems in the field and to highlight emerging opportunities and potential impact to our society.
Paul Weiss, UCLA
- Geraldine Bazuin, Université de Montréal: Diverse 2D Patterns in Block Copolymer Thin Films Using Dip-Coating, Supramolecular Strategies and Light
- Julianne Gibbs-Davis, University of Alberta: Seeing the Electric Double Layer at Silica/Aqueous Interfaces with Nonlinear Optical Spectroscopy
- Tricia Carmichael, University of Windsor: The Best of Both Worlds: Layered Composites of Butyl Rubber and PDMS for Stretchable and Impermeable Electronics
- Emanuele Orgiu, INRS: Rise of Periodic Potentials in Hybrid Graphene/Supramolecular Lattice van der Waals Heterostructures
- Christine DeWolf, Concordia University
- Antonella Badia, Université de Montréal
- Peter Gruetter, McGill University
- Dmitrii Perepichka, McGill University
- Thin films, surface functionalization and self-assembly
- Solid and liquid interfaces
- Nanomaterials and nanopatterned surfaces
- Surface analysis techniques
- Polymers at interfaces
- Abstract submission and registration begins: February 25, 2017
- Abstract submission ends: March 31, 2017
- Acceptance notification: April 13, 2017
- Early registration ends: April 18, 2017