Homeroom is an initiative developed primarily for new undergraduate students that provides a space for students to connect with other students. Through peer-to-peer facilitated virtual and in-person experiences you will meet and bond with other new Concordia students and learn how to navigate the university experience together. In weekly Homerooms (known as PODS) led by upper-year students, you’ll discuss a wide array of must-know topics that will help ease the transition to Concordia all while meeting new people and allowing you to co-develop new skills that will propel you through your first year of university and beyond. Homeroom is offered by the Dean of Students Office.
Make friends, navigate the university experience, co-develop new skills!
Fall 2023 registration
Registration is now open! Fill out the form to join Homeroom and you will be assigned to a pod group, as well as receive access to exclusive Homeroom events throughout the 2023-2024 academic year.
Distinct Pods registration
During the fall and winter terms, Homeroom offers Distinct pods that serve specific groups of students. By registering for one of these pods, you will be a part of Homeroom, while also having a privileged connection with program, faculty and staff members, as well as other students with similar experiences. Places are limited, with first-year undergraduate students prioritized.
- Fine Arts Pod: Get inspired by your fellow Fine Arts students in our Fine Arts Pod led by an upper year Drawing and Painting student. You can indicate your interest for this pod on our registration form.
- Psych Pod: Network and discuss opportunities and career options with other students from the psychology department in our Psych Pod led by an upper year Psychology student. You can indicate your interest for this pod on our registration form.
- NouLa Pod: Join our community of Black students in this Homeroom x NouLa Black Student Centre collaboration, exclusively for students who identify as Black. To join the NouLa pod, please register here.
- Grad Pod: We are opening Homeroom to graduate students! Mingle with other graduate students in the Grad Pod, led by an upper year graduate student. You can indicate your interest for this pod in our registration form.
- Le Franco Pod: New this year! This pod is for French-speaking students who are looking to connect with fellow francophones at Concordia. À bientôt! You can indicate your interest for this pod in our registration form.
How Homeroom works
Weekly 1-hour sessions with your POD via Zoom or in-person that take place between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST
Each Homeroom POD consists of up to ~15 students
Activities include workshops, games, discussions, and ways to get to know your fellow students
You will have access to your Student Facilitator during the meetings and office/lounge hours, and via email throughout the week
You will have access to Concordia professionals to help answer any questions you may have along the way
Opportunities to connect with the whole community via special events, games, and workshops that Homeroom students have access to
Participants will receive a notation on their Co-Curricular Record, a certificate of completion, and receive additional perks based on attendance and participation.
If you have any further questions, or would like more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org