Find Scholarly Articles, Books, and More
Women's studies subject guide
Sophia Discovery tool - find print books, ebooks, and more at Concordia and worldwide
- "Browse the shelf" to see neighbouring books to the item that you have selected
- Unfold the "description" for more information on the book itself and to find similar books on topic
- "Check availability" to find out whether Concordia has an e-book version
Explore our ebooks by publisher
Google Books: search within books, without full access
Films / Videos
(Canada, Québec, International)
- Canadian Newsstream: full-text access to Canadian daily newspapers including the Gazette.
- Eureka.cc: full text access to English and French language Québec & Canadian newspapers , magazines, newswires, blogs and broadcast transcripts.
- Canadian Periodical Index (CPI-Q): newspapers, magazines, journals.
- Factiva: Full text of international newspapers (including Canadian), transcripts and newswires (license for only one user at a time).
- Defining Gender, 1450-1910. Pamphlets, diaries, periodicals, letters, poetry, receipt books, and conduct and advice literature. Essays and scholarly overviews support study and research in gender, leisure, and consumer culture.
- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries
- Women and Social Movements in the United States
- Vogue Archive (entire run of Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to the present)
- NOTE: For more information and context on historical sources see the History Research Guide and for more Primary Source Databases see our entire listing.
Statistics & Government Information
- To find local statistics in all subject areas, start with the Statistics Canada site.
- Women in Canada: A Gender-based Statistical Report
- for QUEBEC ONLY see also Institut de la statistique du Québec
CANADIAN LAW & GOVERNMENT:
Current Workshops (Winter 2021)
WSDB 290 - Historical Perspectives in Women's Studies (Winter 2021)
WSDB 291 - Contemporary Issues in Women's Studies (Winter 2021)
WSDB 292 - Feminisms and Research Methods (Winter 2021)
WSDB 292 - Feminisms and Research Methods (Fall 2020)
- WSDB 292 - Part 1 - Slides with embedded video, worksheet, quiz [video plays automatically Google Slide "present" mode]
- WSDB 292 - Part 2 - Slides and embedded video that complement live session (Oct. 16 2020)