Find Scholarly Articles, Books, and More
Women's studies subject guide
Sofia Discovery tool - find print books, ebooks, and more at Concordia and worldwide
- "Browse the shelf" to see neighbouring books to the item that you have selected
- Unfold the "description" for more information on the book itself and to find similar books on topic
- "Check availability" to find out whether Concordia has an e-book version
Explore our ebooks by publisher
Google Books: search within books, without full access
Films / Videos
(Canada, Québec, International)
- Canadian Newsstream: full-text access to Canadian daily newspapers including the Gazette.
- Eureka.cc: full text access to English and French language Québec & Canadian newspapers , magazines, newswires, blogs and broadcast transcripts.
- Canadian Periodical Index (CPI-Q): newspapers, magazines, journals.
- Factiva: Full text of international newspapers (including Canadian), transcripts and newswires (license for only one user at a time).
- Defining Gender, 1450-1910. Pamphlets, diaries, periodicals, letters, poetry, receipt books, and conduct and advice literature. Essays and scholarly overviews support study and research in gender, leisure, and consumer culture.
- British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
- North American Women's Letters and Diaries
- Women and Social Movements in the United States
- Vogue Archive (entire run of Vogue magazine (US edition) from 1892 to the present)
- NOTE: For more information and context on historical sources see the History Research Guide and for more Primary Source Databases see our entire listing.
Statistics & Government Information
- To find local statistics in all subject areas, start with the Statistics Canada site.
- Women in Canada: A Gender-based Statistical Report
- for QUEBEC ONLY see also Institut de la statistique du Québec
CANADIAN LAW & GOVERNMENT:
Whether you are interested in an intersectional approach to Women's Studies OR simply looking for material to help you learn more about anti-black racism, systemic racism, or police violence, check out this guide.
|Zoom hours office hours:
Tuesdays 3-5 pm
|514-848-2424 ext. 7690