MBA external electives & experiential learning options
- MBA 651 MBA Research Paper (6 credits)
- MBA 654 Reading course (3 credits)
- MBA 655 International Case Competition Organizer (6 credits)
- MBA 656 MBA Case Competition Organizing Committee (3 credits)
- MBA 657 International Case Competition - Executive Assistant (3 credits)
- MBA 658 Van Berkom Case Competition - Executive Assistant (3 credits)
- MBA 659 Strategies in Action (Case competition) (3 credits)
- MBA 660 Small Business Consulting Bureau (3 credits)
- MBA 661 Community Services Initiative (3 credits)
- MBA 662 MBA Surgical Innovation II (3 credits)
- MBA 663 District 3 Startup Consulting (0 credits)
- MBA 695 Seminar in Special Topics
The maximum number of elective courses taken outside the John Molson School of Business for which students receive credit towards their MBA degree is equivalent of 12 credit-hours. Application for taking courses outside of John Molson should be submitted well in advance of course start date, as authorization from the MBA Program Director and School of Graduate Studies, as well as the external Faculty/School is required. Undergraduate courses are not credited towards JMSB graduate degrees.
In addition to electives offered within JMSB, students can seek permission from the MBA Program Director to take courses in other graduate programs at Concordia, including those offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, the Faculty of Fine Arts and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
In addition to electives offered within John Molson and Concordia, students can seek permission from the MBA Program Director to take the equivalent of 12 credits in other masters programs in Montreal, Canada or internationally (study-abroad program).