MBA external electives & experiential learning options
The maximum number of elective courses taken outside JMSB for which students receive credit towards their MBA degree is equivalent of 12 credit-hours. Application for taking courses outside JMSB should be submitted well in advance of course start date, as authorization from the MBA Program Director and School of Graduate Studies, as well as the external Faculty/School is required. Undergraduate courses are not credited towards JMSB graduate degrees.
In addition to electives offered within JMSB, students can seek permission from the MBA Program Director to take courses in other graduate faculties at Concordia, including those offered by the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, the Faculty of Fine Arts and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. The list below is a selection of possible elective courses in the areas of corporate governance and business ethics, business sustainability and environmental management or community and international development.
- ECON 658 Environmental Economics
- ECON 623 Growth and Development
- GEOG 630 Environmental Change and Public Policy
- POLI 605 Environmental Law
- HENV 675 Community Participation in Environmental Conservation
- POLI 608 Globalization and Regional Integration
- SOCI 637 Studies in Governance
- AHSC 675 Introduction to Open Systems Theory
- AHSC 681 Selected Topics
- AHSC 682 Selected Topics
- WSSR Workshops on Social Science Research
In addition to electives offered within JMSB and Concordia, students can seek permission from the MBA Program Director to take the equivalent of 12 credit-hours of courses at other graduate schools in Montreal, Canada or internationally (study-abroad program).