Engineering & computer science
For overview or background information
Sofia Discovery tool—Try a simple keyword search (e.g. machine learning) to discover a wide range of resources (e.g. ebooks, articles) on the topic.
For engineering-specific literature
Engineering Village—Find scholarly articles and conference proceeedings covering all engineering disciplines. The subsets include Compendex, Inspec, and GEOBASE.
IEEE Xplore—Search for journal articles, transactions, conference proceedings, and standards by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers), covering computer science, computer engineering, etc.
For technical references, material properties, and equations
Knovel—Access to many technical references (e.g. handbooks), as well as material properties data, and interactive equations.
Handbooks, Encyclopedias, Dictionaries—View a selection of reference sources in engineering and computer science.
View all databases
How to find
Course & project guides
- Capstone & other design classes
- ENCS 282: Technical Writing & Communication (Library presentation, Library presentation)
- ENCS 6721: Technical Writing and Research Methods for Scientists and Engineers (Library presentation, Library presentation)
- GPLL231 - Library Skills & Resources: Maximize Your Graduate Research Potential
- GPLL 275 Introduction to Patents: Learn the Basics (PPT or PDF)
- CHME 6981 Chemical Engineering Research Protocols and Safety (PDF or PPT)
Citing & Referencing
- Quick reference to IEEE Citation Style
- IEEE Editorial Style Manual (see IEEE Reference Guide)
- ASCE style (see Section References)
- Other citation formats by style guide
- Zotero (citation management software)
- Zotero compatibility with LaTex