- American Society for Nutrition aims to develop and extend knowledge of nutrition of all species through fundamental, multidisciplinary, and clinical research.
- Association for the Study of Food and Society promotes the interdisciplinary study of food and society and research.
- Assocation des restaurateurs du Quebec contribuer à l’essor de ses membres et de les aider à relever de nouveaux défis
- Canadian Association of Food Studies romotes critical, interdisciplinary scholarship in the broad area of food systems.
- Canadian Culinary Federation representation of the professional chef and cook.
- Canadian Institute of Food Science and Technology of scientists and technologists in industry, government and academia who are committed to advancing food science and technology.
- Center for Food and Culture brings together resources, organizations, and individuals involved in food research, study, appreciation, activism, production, and consumption.
- Food.ca based in Toronto, this locally linked nationwide information portal covers the food industry in Canada.
- Food Tech Canada etwork of leading innovation and commercialization Centres from across Canada, committed to turning research and development into innovative products for the food and bio-products industry.
- International Association of Culinary Professionals multi-disciplinary support of the culinary profession.
- International Food Information Council Foundation mission of effectively communicating science-based information on health, nutrition and food safety for the public good.
- International food Policy Research Institute provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries.
- National Restaurant Association (U.S) Represents and advocates for foodservice industry interests.
- Society for the Anthropology of Food and Nutrition promotes practical collaboration among social and nutritional scientists.
- Slow Food is a lobal, grassroots organization, founded in 1989 to prevent the disappearance of local food cultures and traditions.
- Agricultural Marketing Resource Center
provides reports summarizing activities completed during each quarter.
- Canadian Institute of Merchandising
brings together the different stakeholders in the procurement chain.
- The Food Institute
provides timely and relevant information about the food industry from "farm to fork.
- Food Logistics
covers the movement of product through the food supply chain.
- Food Management
features trends and best practices, products and solutions that connect deeply with the noncommercial foodservice professional.
- Food Marketing Institute
represents food retailers and wholesalers.
- Food Navigator USA
daily online business-to-business publication covering the North American food & beverage market.
- Gourmet Retailer
provides news on products and retailing.
- Hartman Group
recognized thought leader on demand-side trends in the food industry.
- National Retail Foundation
covers interests of the retail industry through advocacy, communications and education.
- Progressive Grocer
covers a wide range of issues.
- Restaurants Canada
representing Canada’s diverse and dynamic restaurant and foodservice industry.
- Supermarket Guru
analysis of Phil Lemper, food industry expert.
- La Voix de l'industrie alimentaire
industry-focused website is the website of the Québec Council of Food Transformers.
Canada & Quebec
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
National industry information, publications, programs and resources
- Carrefour alimentaire du Quebec
Repertoire de l'industrie de la transformation alimentaire québécoise
- AgEcon Search Open access repository of full-text scholarly literature in agricultural and applied economics, including sub disciplines such as agribusiness, food supply, policy issues, agricultural trade, and economic development.
- Agriculture and Food Security: Agency for International Development upports country-driven approaches to development with input and collaboration from local organizations and leaders.
The Food and Agriculture Organization's database for worldwide research publications in agriculture in all its aspects.
- Dietary Supplement Labels Database
Ajoint project of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) and National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Science.gov: Agriculture & Food is a portal to government science information and research.
- Sustainable Management of Food (Environmental Protection Agency) seeks to reduce the environmental impact of materials through their entire life cycle.
- US Department of Agriculture provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on public policy.
- US Food and Drug Administration protects the public health by assuring that foods are safe, wholesome, sanitary and properly labeled.
UN & International
- FAO Document Repository Database covers include agriculture, economics and nutrition, fisheries, forestry, technical cooperation, as well as biological diversity, biosecurity and food security, biotechnology.
- The Ediblie Monument: (Getty Institute) exhibition drawing on the ephemeral art created for festivals from sixteenth to nineteenth century.
- Feeding America: the Historic American Cookbook Project - online collection of important cookbooks from the late 18th to early 20th century.
- The Historical Cooking Project showcases new scholarship on the study of food throughout history.
- The Food Museum Online promotes the world's foods, their histories, and relevance today.
- Museum of Food and Drink (Brooklyn) creates exhibits and hosts public programs, ihands-on workshops, science demonstrations, discussions, and seminars.
The following sources are restricted to Concordia community and require your netname:
- A Dictionary of food and nutrition (2014)
- Dictionary of food ingredients (2011)
- The Diner's dictionary (2012)
- Encyclopedia of fodd and agricultural ethics (2014)
- Food and fitness: a dictionary of food and exercise (1997)
- Diets and dieting: a cultural encyclopedia (2008)
- Encyclopedia of human nutrition (2005)