- Canadian Industry Statistics: Canadian Economy
- Bank of Canada
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (formerly known as Industry Canada) - Information by industrial sector
- Trade Data Online
- Statistics Canada Web Site
- Canadian Census Analyser via CHASS - Provides current and historical aggregate census data as well as access to individual microdata files of the Census of Canada for 1971 to 2011 censuses. The microdata files provide a random sample of actual census records with identifying geographic information removed. The microdata files are suitable for regression analysis and other statistical methods.
Data from Statistics Canada social surveys and reports. It also includes Canadian polling data.
- Fedstats - Gateway for Statistics from U.S. Government Agencies
- U.S. Census Bureau - For population and economic census data
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) - For economic accounts data
- Council of Economic Advisers - For the latest economic news from the White House
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics - For unemployment data.
- Federal Reserve Board - latest economic releases.
- Fred: Federal Reserve Economic Data - FRED is a database maintained by the Research division of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis that has more than 267,000 economic time series from 80 different sources.
- Asian Development Bank
- European Union
- International Monetary Fund
- United Nations
- World Bank
- World Trade Organization
- Toronto Stock Exchange Historical Data
- US Stock Exchange Historical Data
For other sources of numeric data, including stock, commodity and financial, see the following guides:
Main databases for economics
This database specializes in all aspects of economic literature. It includes citations and abstracts from journal articles, dissertations, working papers, conference proceedings, book chapters and essays.
- Business Source Complete
Provides access to economic and finance journals as well as country reports.
- ProQuest Business Databases
A major journal database for all aspects of business including economics. Includes access to major Canadian newspapers and magazines.
- Web of Science
Citation indexes (Science, Social Sciences and Humanities) allow searching by cited author or work as well as by author, title, subject, and keyword and related records.
Offers full-text access to major international business and financial publications such as the Wall Street Journal and the Economist.
- Canadian Research Index
Indexes Canadian municipal, provincial and federal government documents.
Indexes Canadian periodicals and magazines.
- CBCA Complete
Indexes Canadian periodicals and magazines; particularly strong in business and trade journals.
New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
The online edition of The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics contains the full text of the 8 volume print edition published in 2008 and includes quarterly additions and updates since then. This is an excellent resource to gather background scholarly information and important readings on all topics related to economics.
These are major sources of working papers available online. Working papers are also indexed in EconLit.