PERFORM Workshop: Mushroom Bok Choy Stir-fry
Learn how to make a mushroom bok choy stir-fry with PERFORM dietetics intern Minnie Su! Also find out about kitchen and food safety, as well as the health benefits of mushrooms and leafy greens
This quick and easy vegetable stir-fry is a popular dish in Chinese cuisine. It features mushroom and leafy greens which provides various nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. This recipe can be served as a vegetable side dish along with your whole grains and protein foods to make a balanced meal.
SERVING SIZE : 1 cup
NUMBERS OF SERVINGS : 3
PREPARATION TIME : 30 minutes
- Trim the bases of bok choy and separate outer leaves from the stalks. Leave the smallest inner leaves attached. Rinse and dry boy choy in a salad spinner. Cut the bok choy into pieces.
- Rinse the mushroom. Cut it into slices.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables oil and garlic, sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry it about 2 minutes until they just begin to brown.
- Add bok choy and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Add oyster sauce, salt and pepper, stir for 1 minute to mix it well.
- Plate it and enjoy.