Awards & Job Opportunities
Medical Imaging (MRI) Technologist (On Call)
Concordia University’s PERFORM Centre in Montreal, Quebec, seeks applications for an on call Medical Imaging (MRI) Technologist to conduct and oversee technical operation of the equipment.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Bio-Imaging Suite, the MRI Technologist conducts magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations for research studies. They must ensure compliance with PERFORM SOPs, University Health and Safety and external regulatory guidelines for users and ensure smooth operations of the MR imaging equipment. The incumbent ensures appropriate use of all equipment in the MRI area of the imaging suite. They also serve as resource person for administrative processes related to the implementation of research protocols.
- Ensure the valid use and operation of equipment in the bio-imaging area at PERFORM Centre for research and training activities, in compliance with external regulatory requirements, Health and Safety policies, and PERFORM Centre standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Review protocols for research studies and perform MRI/ procedures according to standard operating procedures. Record and archive data and ensure that data quality meets standards.
- Supervise research assistants and external projects in the MR area, oversee quality control and forward the final results/report to the person in charge of the project.
- Perform magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as per research protocol including,
- Receive and prepare participants for imaging protocol,
- Ensure security around the magnetic field and conformity of equipment
- Copy data and deliver it to researchers/research assistants,
- Meet the research teams, on request,
- Perform other duties in support of the unit as assigned by the Associate Director Bio-Imaging.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical program) with specialization in radiology technology and experience in an imaging, healthcare or clinical research environment.
- Federal or provincial technologist designation such as Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist or OTIMROEMPQ.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work autonomously,
- Good verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Good spoken and written English and French (Level 4) in order to provide detailed information to internal and external clients and to prepare and elaborate on reports, correspondence and documents.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to prepare documents), Excel (to create, update and maintain spreadsheets) and Power Point (to create presentations).
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Continuing education to keep current with developments in the area of magnetic resonance imaging.
- High level of personal initiative, innovation and flexibility.
- Physical ability as attested by successful completion of a medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction (i.e. work in an environment that includes high magnetic fields, radiation, biohazards and hazardous materials).
- Experience in a research environment using medical imaging.
The successful candidate will be based at Concordia University’s PERFORM Centre, a unique 8,000 m2 research facility that houses nine inter-related platforms devoted to diseases prevention research through lifestyle intervention and impact assessment (Athletic Therapy Clinic; Cardio-Pulmonary Suite; Clinical Analysis Suite; Conditioning Floor; Functional Assessment Lab; Imaging Suite; Nutrition Suite; and Sleep Laboratory, Physiological Suite).
The Medical Imaging (MRI) Technologist is an on call position from January 5, 2022 – October 1, 2022. The hourly rate commensurate with experience in the range of $35-$45 per hour.
Applications should be submitted and addressed to Ms Anthoula Mantis, Administrative Assistant, PERFORM Centre firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 13, 2021 by 5:00 pm EST. A complete application must include the following: a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information of three (3) references, including their affiliation and information about your working relationship. All enquiries should be addressed to Ms. Mantis.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.