Awards & Job Opportunities
CANARIE-CBRAIN Software Developer
We are seeking a competent, part-time (15hrs / week) team-oriented software developer to add several SPM-based neuroimaging pipelines to the CBRAIN platform project. CBRAIN is a generic interface between high-performance computing infrastructure and scientific researchers.
The successful candidate will be working with software developers at McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, to port Physiological/fMRI Preprocessing pipelines to Boutiques, for integration into CBRAIN.
The candidate will have the opportunity to network with our co-applicants in McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience, and stakeholders in the Department of BioEngineering, and Douglas Research Centre (McGill University), and Baycrest Research Centre (University of Toronto).
This position is funded by CANARIE, and funding (and potential to increase work hours) is available for 2.5 years.
Main Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in the design and implementation of information flow, data handling, database storage and data processing
- Develop and maintain test suites
- Follow established best practices and work closely with the various development teams
- Ensure that development documentation is up to date
- Participate in high-level platform design discussions
- Report regularly on activities
- Curious, and independent learner
- Strong programming skills (Matlab, Python, Perl, C)
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. git) and team-based development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Good documentation practices
- Good organizational skills and ability to learn quickly
Other Sought After Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Neuroimaging Data Analysis and Visualization
- Expertise in Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with high-performance computing and distributed systems (HPC, Hadoop)
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Singularity)
- Familiarity with academic research environments
Starting Hourly Rate:
$25 - $30
March 1, 2021
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, your CV and a list of references to email@example.com. Please specify the job title (CANARIE-CBRAIN Software Developer) in your email subject line.
You must be eligible to work in Canada. This is a temporary position with the possibility of full-time/full-benefits employment and cross-appointment between McGill University and Concordia University.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.