Resources for English-speakers in Quebec during COVID-19
QUESCREN attended a meeting held by QCGN for stakeholders working with English-speakers in Quebec.
Resources discussed were:
- Storytelling for kids on Facebook live from Literacy Quebec
- Learning resources in English from LEARN and MEES, as well as tutoring
- Support for families from Family Resource Centre by phone and by Skype for families in crisis at 514-676-7775, as well as from Child Development Institute
- Hot meals for up to 100 people Mon-Frid at Maison Saint Columba House. They are also taking new referrals.
- Information and referral for peoples living with Parkinsons and their loved ones from Parkinsons Canada. Website now includes online options for excercise and information.
- Legal information in English relating to COVID-19 from Educaloi
- Mental health support for dealing with challenges linked to stress and anxiety caused by the extraordinary circumstances - from the Mental Health Commission Canada - Mental Health First Aid and Self-Care and Resilience Guide