Inter-Level Educational Table (ILET)
In 2017, QUESCREN created the Inter-Level Educational Table (ILET), which brings together representatives of Quebec’s English-language educational institutions and associations, along with community groups and the public sector.
Our vision is of a healthy, complete and accessible English-language education system in Quebec. It ensures attachment to the province and sustains and promotes the multifaceted vitality of its English-speaking communities.
Supporting Quebec’s English-language education system through research, knowledge mobilization, and educational activities.
Biennial Forums: Minority Community Vitality through Education
ILET’s first biennial community-building forum took place in October 2018 at Concordia University under the theme “Minority Community Vitality through Education.” This three-day event focused on the development of research teams around concrete projects, proposed strategies for improving the continuum of educational offer, and increased the synergy of educational networks around English-language community vitality in Quebec. Read the report from the first forum [PDF - 760KB] or find out more about the second forum.
Research Action Plan
ILET promotes research on Quebec’s English-speaking communities through its active support for QUESCREN’s development of: a major research grant (SSHRC Partnership), biennial community-building forums, an online researcher directory, and other research-related activities.
Educational Action Plan
To enhance Quebec’s English-speaking community vitality, ILET supports activities promoting the continuum of Quebec’s English-language educational offer and the collaboration of English-language educational institutions.
In addition to QUESCREN staff, ILET meetings bring together the following participants:
- Alix Adrien, President, Quebec Board of Black Educators (QBBE), and Principal, LaSalle Elementary School, Junior Campus
- Richard Bourhis, Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychology, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Anne-Marie Cech, Project Manager, Community Health and Social Services Network
- Jennifer Cooke, Regional Development Officer, Greater Montreal, Community Health and Social Services Network
- Celine Cooper, Managing Director, Consortium of English-language CEGEPS, Colleges and Universities of Quebec (CELCCUQ), Bishop’s University
- Anthony Di Mascio, Associate Professor, School of Education, Bishop’s University
- Linton Garner, President, Quebec Federation of Home and School Associations (QFHSA)
- Chuck Halliday, Coordinator of Community and Business, New Frontiers School Board
- Kimberley Hamilton, Director of Communications and Special Projects, Quebec English School Boards Association (QESBA)
- Debbie Horrocks, Director, Provincial Resource Team - CLC Network, Leading English Education and Resource Network (LEARN)
- Katherine Korakakis, President, English Parents' Committee Association (EPCA)
- Patricia Lamarre, Full Professor, Faculty of Education, Université de Montréal
- Margo Legault, Executive Director, Literacy Quebec
- Brian Lewis, Professor, Department of Communications Studies, and Co-Director, QUESCREN, Concordia University
- John McMahon, Director General, Vanier College
- Roma Medwid, Representative, Leadership Committee for English Education in Québec (LCEEQ); Executive Director, Concordia Teacher Education Council, Concordia University
- Dominique Michaud, Director, Research Development, Office of Research, Concordia University
- Grant Myers, CEDEC/Labour Market Information Network
- Andrew Ryder, Associate Professor, Psychology and Co-Director, Centre for Clinical Research in Health, Concordia University
- Richard Schmid, Professor and Chair, Department of Education; member of the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance (CSLP), Concordia University
- Lisa Starr, Associate Professor, Department of Integrated Studies in Education, McGill University
- Stephen Thompson, Director, Government relations, Policy and Research, Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN)
- Lynn Travers, Secretary, Advisory Board on English Education (ABEE), Ministère de l’Education, de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche (MEES)
- Paul Zanazanian, Associate Professor, Department of Integrated Studies in Education, McGill University
- Antonia Zannis, Interim Executive Director, Quebec Association of Independent Schools (QAIS)
- Observer : Jennifer Dion, Conseillère aux affaires institutionnelles, Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur
- Observer: Martin Durand, Research Manager, Official Languages Branch, Policy and Research Directorate, Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Observer: Annelise Jensen, Ministère du Conseil Exécutif, Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québécois d’expression anglaise
- Observer: Boyd Lavallée, Directeur du soutien au réseau éducatif anglophone, Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur
- Observer: Lisa Storozuk, Liaison Officer, Ministère du Conseil Exécutif, Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québécois d’expression anglaise
To learn more about the Inter-level Educational Table (ILET), please contact Lorraine.ODonnell@concordia.ca.