Writing & Editing with Clarity and Purpose (Online)
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Understand and control the three basic elements of written communication: Style, Content and Form;
• Structure and present your ideas to specific audiences, including clients and employees;
• Hone editing skills to address often overlooked fundamental errors made in business writing;
• identify the components of proper sentence structure and apply techniques to reduce sentence clutter, increase word economy and structure ideas clearly and compellingly.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, instructor-led group editing, and individual exercises focused on current news articles as well as on works of fiction and nonfiction. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Communications, marketing and sales professionals who need to pitch products or services convincingly.
• Executives who need to communicate effectively with employees and clients.
• Employees engaged in improving their company’s internal communications.
• Anyone required to write and edit at work or who simply wants to improve their written communication.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office, in one of our campus locations or on line.
Important details1) Registration fee includes electronic course materials.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act)
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerGiuseppe Valiante,
News Editor Atlantic/Quebec
The Canadian Press newswire
Giuseppe Valiante is responsible for editing multimedia content from five bureaus for CP’s national clients, which include The Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, CBC and many other reputable news organizations in Canada. Over the years, he has trained journalists around the globe and regularly gives courses and workshops on writing and editing so rest assured, he can help you make your point clearly, concisely and with purpose.
© Concordia University