Dealing with Difficult Personalities
Difficult personalities. You know the type. You've probably got a few in mind. And you know the kind of conflict they can create at work. But what makes a problematic personality? What coping strategies are most effective in dealing with them? Kathryn Peterson knows. She's an expert who will teach you how to define difficult personalities and employ strategies to increase your effectiveness, comfort and confidence when dealing with people who are... well, let's just say... difficult.
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Identify various types of difficult personalities and learn what characterizes them;
• Determine specific behaviours that trigger reactions;
• Learn strategies to encourage proactive responses and shut down reactive ones;
• Establish potential challenges and consequences related to difficult personalities;
• Create an action plan to protect employees and the organization.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Upper management
• Client service representatives
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
3) This workshop meets the requirements for the 1% Conformity Law (in accordance with the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Act).
4) If you wish to pay for this workshop via invoice, please write directly to email@example.com and our service staff will assist you.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerKathryn Peterson,
Think on your feet® | Skilled Presenter™ | HBDI®| PassionWorks™
Known for her dynamic approach during training activities, conferences and coaching sessions, Kathryn Peterson’s fields of expertise are communication, presentation skills and stress management. She has many years of experience working as a counsellor with a wide range of individuals and groups. She is the author and publisher of the popular book, ’’OSER avec ceux qui nous compliquent la vie’’ (Daring with people who complicate our lives), among others. Kathryn will make it easy for you to deal with people who aren't
© Concordia University